Russell Wilson - The Great Role Model
Overview:
Russell Wilson is an NFL player, he plays for the Seattle Seahawks. His position is a Quarterback. He got drafted into the Seahawks on 2012, by coach Pete Carroll. Since then he motivated his team mates and he had been a great player.His Past
"I use to beat people a lot" Wilson said.He only starts to think about other people faith when he was 14 years old. He himself is not perfect, and the only thing he can change is his reflection. Russell Wilson now is a great man, he is a Super Bowl Champion and a good role model for children and his team mates.
A bully turns in to a Christian
Russell Wilson wasn't a believer until one day when his father past away."I had a dream that my dad passed away and that Jesus came into the room and he was basically knocking on my door, saying, 'Hey, you need to find out more about me.' So that Sunday morning I ended up going to church, and that's when I got saved." Russell WilsonHarrison Wilson, Russell Wilson father passed away on 2010, when he was still a college footballer, he had always had a dream that his son will play in the NFL, National Football League, a very hard dream to come true. Sadly his father isn't there to see his son achieve such a big achievement in his life. His life when he is on the field is to win and achieve victory among other. But his life off field is a Christian going to Church and going to a children hospital every Tuesday.
He is really humble when he misses 1 day that he cannot go and meet the children at the hospital, there are a lot of kids that look up to him as a good role model, that is why Russell Wilson follow the path that God gave him to become a good role model."To all kids in all of Children's Hospital ... obviously, I go to Children's Hospital every Tuesday in Seattle and unfortunately I had to miss today. But to all of the kids out there, I'm just praying for you guys and praying for miracles. Keep the faith and be strong against cancer, that's something I've been really big into in Seattle. I'm just rooting for everybody." Wilson
Russell Wilson at the children hospital.
Role Model Traits
Russell Wilson has lots of traits that say he is a great model. He always believe in god, and always look at the future. He respects his teammates, coaches, and the people around him. Even though he is a famous quarterback, he doesn't forget about the fact that he is a Christian and he always care about the people around him. He always look forward to winning the Superbowl against the Patriot, he believes that winning one Superbowl against another great man, Peyton Manning, the man that had broken a lot of record. This time he is playing against Tom Brady, and if he win this Superbowl, the team will be in history for being a back to back Superbowl Champion.

Even though he look forwards to winning the Superbowl, he never underestimate or abandon his responsibility of being the best leader for his team. He had led his team through many victory during his career. He doesn't care about his 5'11 height, he doesn't let the fact that he is a small quarterback behind the huge offensive line.
"God's given me so much talent, and my height doesn't define my skill set. I believe that God has given me a right arm, and for some reason, even though I'm 5'11", to be able to make the throws and make great decisions on the field and all that."

No comments:
Post a Comment